Thursday, January 20, 2011

Check this out

Scarlett and I had a "girl's after-school out" today. (We'll save our "girl's nights out" for when she doesn't have a 7pm bedtime.) We went to Chocopologie in South Norwalk for an awesome pot of fondue and a cupcake as big as Scarlett's head. It was really nice. The waiter brought over a handful of markers and Scarlett was in heaven drawing pictures. Not thinking much of it, I casually asked her to write her name so the waiter would know what her name was. And you know what? She totally did. Observe: For the record, I did not help her at all with this. (I was eating awesome fondue, if you recall.) I simply suggested she write her name and I didn't even look at her until she said "I did it!" And she did do it. And despite the fact that we haven't even been working on writing her name - it's pretty damn perfect...if I do say so myself (and I just did). And when that proud little girl ran over to the waiter, without a second of hesitation he said "Scarlett!! What a beautiful name!"

And I'm quite certain I was shooting laser beams of pride out of my eyeballs.

2 comments:

Pokolodi said...

Totally awesome! Totally! And might I say, that is the absolute cutest "R" I have ever seen in my entire life.

Fleur said...

I hope you kept it and framed it. The colors, the letters - it's perfect!!