Thursday, February 26, 2009

New poll

If you'll please glance immediately to your right, you'll notice a new poll. It's pretty much self explanatory. We're trying to name baby boy. Our Scarlett was (obviously) named after Scarlett O'Hara, so to give baby boy a random name without meaning seems cruel. Below you'll find our reasoning behind each option. Please vote. But be warned, you can only vote once (maybe twice if you vote from work and from home) so make it count! I'll take votes from complete and total strangers too, so if you know any of those feel free to pass on this blog address so they can share their opinions...anonymously.

Our choices...
-We like Pierce. It's a name that everyone has heard of - but yet no one knows a Pierce (at least we don't). We figure you can't go wrong with a guy that played James Bond.

-When I read this on the cover of The Catcher in the Rye I was hooked on the name Holden, "perhaps the safest thing we can say about Holden is that he was born in the world not just strongly attracted to beauty but, almost, hopelessly impaled on it."

-Tyler Durden is ranked #1 on Britain's Empire Magazine's 100 greatest movie characters of all time. Scarlett O'Hara is ranked #3 on the U.S.'s Premiere Magazine's 100 greatest. Sense a theme?

-And oh. Harrison. I love George Harrison. He's my favorite Beatle. And he wrote the song "Here Comes the Sun" which is quite possibly my theme song to life.

So there they are. Vote away...please. We need your help.
Thanks!

3 comments:

Pokolodi said...

My vote's not showing up!!! Argh!
Here's my thought: I like them all and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them, but if you want to know which I like the most, it's Harrison. I think one of the first things I learned about you was your love of the Beatles and so I think that name has a beautiful, personal significance. Plus, it sounds very good with Adams. Harrison Pierce Adams is quite nice...

Holden is a great name, and you know how I feel about literary names, but I know several boys with that name. You may risk giving him a trendy name—and I only say that because I don’t think that’s what you want. It is a GREAT name though.

Tyler is also a great name. It’s one I’ve often thought about for my own son, but I’m leaning toward Harrison because it’s attached to a person that is important to you.

That’s my two cents…or my 50 cents rather.

Mia's Mom said...

I voted for Harrison as well. It is a strong name that will stand out in today's society. Tyler is too common and will eventually be "played" out completely. Start him strong and let him follow your lead mommy.

stephanieb143 said...

When I read your reasoning behind Harrison it kind of grew on me more and more. You never explained that to me - I always thought it was after Harrison Ford because Joe had the Indiana Jones theme on his phone for a long time! George Harrison. It's all coming together now. I think it's obviously unique, but not bordering on overly strange. And I also don't think my vote worked.